Dental Pearls are proud to offer you the greatest level of personal care and attention to your oral needs. Our aim is to provide a range of accessible, effective treatments and procedures, conducted at your convenience.
In order to provide you with the highest standard of dental care, this practice is required to collect personal information from you. This information covers basic personal details such as your name, address and telephone number, as well as more personal information such as your medical history. Without the a full scope of your health history, the treating dentist or dental hygienist is unable to plan your care properly.
Dental Pearls value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines by the Australian Dental Association.
- This information will only be used by the treating dentist or dental hygienist in order to deliver your care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment, without your express consent.
- You may seek access to the information held about you by signing a release form.
- Dental Pearls will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Dental Pearls will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Our staff are trained to respect these principles at all times.
What does “personal information” mean?
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity may be reasonably determined. By collecting this personal information we are able to:
- Identify the issues of your particular matter,
- Provide the appropriate level of advice relating to that matter,
- Contact you when and where necessary,
- Ensure that you attain the best possible service and advice,
- Identify you and protect you from any unauthorized access to your personal information.
What information we collect
The kind of personal information we collect can include: name, contact details, location, gender, and age. We also collect more personal information such as medical history and general health information.
How we collect information
We collect information directly from you, including when you:
We also ask for you to check your details every 12 months when you visit to ensure we any changes are up to date in our system. We ask you to sign and date the form after checking and amending changes.
- Provide us with personal information over the phone or through email;
- Fill out Contact and Medical History Forms at our practice;
- Discuss your medical history with the dentist or dental hygienist; or
- Submit your personal details through our website.
How does Dental Pearls collection your information?
Dental Pearls website and related online services may collect and use information about your computer and how you use our online services. Technology such as cookies and analytics are used to collect this anonymous information. We collect and use this information to:
- Better understand how visitors use the website;
- Link with social networks;
- Measure the time spent on the website;
- Determine the effectiveness of the navigation options; and
- Record information provided during the visit to streamline subsequent visits.
Why we collect and how we use information
We collect and use your information to:
- Deliver, provide, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments;
- Better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences, to personalise and improve our service to you;
- Communicate with you, including appointment reminders, unfinished dental care letters and responding to queries and complaints;
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing;
- Protect against fraud and theft; and
- Maintain and update our records.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our service providers when accessing out IT service providers and systems, and major delivery companies for parcel deliveries;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- Government agencies (Medicare and DVA).
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner.
Your privacy choices
You can access the personal information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.